THE FINANCIAL CONSULATE…
- was founded in 1984.
- maintains a staff, working as a team for every client.
- has over 500 clients in over 25 states and multiple countries.
- is a Fee-Only financial planning firm, registered with the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
- is a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- has created unique services like the Financial Physical® and Estate Relationship Manager utilizing their Triune Planning methodology.
- sponsors Money, Riches & Wealth, a financial radio program hosted by Drew Tignanelli, airing on WCBM 680AM in Baltimore every Wednesday evening from 6-7pm.
DREW TIGNANELLI’S DREAM:
30 years ago, Drew Tignanelli was a 23-year-old, fledgling financial advisor, frustrated with the sales orientation of his occupation. He saw six fundamental problems in the industry:
- A lack of independence—Advisors worked for the companies that created financial products.
- A lack of proper incentives—Advisors compensation models were designed to benefit them and their company, not the client.
- A lack of education—Advisors were not required minimum levels of education to practice.
- A lack of credentials—Almost anyone in the industry could hold themselves out as an advisor.
- A lack of experience—There was no coordinated mentorship program for new advisors.
- A lack of responsibility—Advisors were not required to act in the best interest of their clients.
For many years, Drew worked to ensure that he would not, individually, be representative of these deficiencies so common in the financial services industry. Then, in 1995, he took the bold step of accepting a 50% revenue decline to reorganize his company entirely, creating an environment in which he and other like-minded advisors could build a truly professional financial advisory firm. The Financial Consulate is built on the following pillars:
- Independence—The Financial Consulate is completely independent, working only for its clients.
- Fee-Only—The Financial Consulate is one of a relatively small number of NAPFA-affiliated fee-only firms across the country, selling no financial products for commissions.
- Education—Advisors of The Financial Consulate are required to maintain continuing education at a rate twice that even required by the Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) Board.
- Credentials—Advisors of The Financial Consulate are required to hold at least one well-recognized credential—such as CPA, CFP® or MBA—and encouraged to pursue multiple designations.
- Experience—The advisory staff at The Consulate averages over 18 years of experience per advisor. New advisors are required to work under a mentor for a minimum of two to five years and all advisors work in a team environment fostering accountability.
- Fiduciary—Every advisor, and The Financial Consulate as a team, works as a true fiduciary for every client. To read more about the importance of having a true fiduciary standard, click HERE.